Meth possession suspected in arrest
A Leavenworth man was arrested last week after Lansing Police seized a bag of what they believe to be methamphetamine, Chief Steve Wayman said.
Wayman said Lansing Police officers responded to a motorist assist call about 10:15 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 18, at the intersection of Main Street and McIntyre Road. He said the officers became suspicious of the individuals and searched them.
One individual was carrying a bag containing more than 50 grams of what the officers believed to be methamphetamine. The bag's contents were sent to KBI labs for testing, Wayman said.
The 20-year-old Leavenworth man carrying the bag was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, Wayman said.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary