City’s Fall Clean-Up this weekend
Lansing residents wanting to clean out their houses before cold weather hits should keep in mind the city's Fall Clean-Up this weekend.
Friday, Sept. 30, and Saturday, Oct. 1, the city is sponsoring its Fall Clean-Up at the Leavenworth County Solid Waste Transfer Station/ Recycling Center. The event is free for Lansing residents.
Residents can dispose of standard waste, tires, yard waste, tree and brush waste, old appliances, metal items, and construction and demolition waste.
They also can dispose of household hazardous waste, including paint, thinner, oil and other automotive products, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and other yard products, household cleaning products and batteries.
Burn barrels nearing the end of their usefulness also can be dropped off. Organizers ask that the barrel residue be placed in a plastic bag with its contents watered down, and all of the contents then placed in a cardboard box.
Recyclables will be accepted.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball