Florence M. Piper
Services for Florence M. Piper, 97, Leavenworth, will be at 9 a.m. Tuesday, April 4, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Highland Cemetery, Churdan, Iowa.
Mrs. Piper died Saturday, April 1, 2006, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home, Lansing.
She was born April 29, 1908, in Wilton, N.D., the daughter of Elmer E. and Emma I. (Nixon) McCullough.
Mrs. Piper had worked in the nursery at Fort Leavenworth and had worked in bakeries.
She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She married Horace A. Piper on Feb. 7, 1931, in Washburn, N.D. He died Sept. 15, 1959.
Survivors include two daughters, Shirley A. Knudson, Leavenworth, and Jane Kay Peterson, Melrose, Wis.; three sons, Henry E. Piper, Apache Junction, Ariz., Wayne E. Piper, Leavenworth, and Robert N. Piper, Madison, Wis.; two sisters, Genevieve E. Sorenson, Puyallup, Wash., and Mary Ann Larson, Clinton, Tenn.; 16 grandchildren; and 37 great-grandchildren.
A daughter, Verene A. Milton, and a son, Marlan D. Piper, both died earlier.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, April 3, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to the church, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson