Howard A. Berger
Services for Howard A. Berger, 90, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 5, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. A graveside service will be at noon Thursday, April 6, at Halstead Cemetery, Halstead.
Mr. Berger died Sunday, April 2, 2006, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth.
He was born May 27, 1915, in rural Halstead in Harvey County, the son of Rudolph and Ethel A. (Warren) Berger. He had lived in Halstead and Cimarron.
Mr. Berger was a lifelong farmer and enjoyed working on machinery.
Survivors include his sister, Eleanor M. Haines, Leavenworth, and a niece, Virginia L. Haines, Woodstock, Ga.
The family will receive friends from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Wednesday prior to the service at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board