William Charles Wesley Benson
Services for William Charles Wesley Benson, one month old son of James and Jillian Benson, Bonner Springs, will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 8, at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Lansing. Burial will follow at Sunset Memory Gardens, Leavenworth.
Wesley died April 3, 2006, at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo.
He was born Feb. 25, 2006, in Overland Park. His family said, "The 37 days of heaven we had with our little man will never be forgotten. We love you, Wes."
Survivors include his parents; grandparents James and Deborah Benson, Shawnee, and Kathleen Anderson, Fort Dodge, Iowa; great-grandparents Ken and Eleanor Chinn, Lansing, Wanda Schoonover, Peoria, Ill., and Margaret Anderson, Lincoln, Ill.; aunts Dawn Benson and Rachel (Nathan) Webb, both of Oklahoma City; uncle Jake Anderson, Fort Dodge, Iowa; cousin Elijah Webb, Oklahoma City; and other relatives and friends.
Friends may call at the church, 24481 139th St., from 11 a.m. until service time. The family suggests memorials to the W.C. Wesley Playground Memorial Fund in care of Shawnee Mission Baptist Temple, P.O. Box 3626, Shawnee 66203.
More like this story
- Kansas Chamber: Governor's order sufficient on gay marriage
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center