Elton E. Fevurly
Services for Elton R. Fevurly, 95, Leavenworth, were Monday, April 10, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memorial Cemetery.
Mr. Fevurly died Thursday, April 6, 2006, at Parkway Care Home, Edwardsville.
He was born Aug. 20, 1910, in Easton, the son of Nathan L. and Ida C. (Currie) Fevurly.
Mr. Fevurly had worked as a crane operator for Missouri Valley Steel from 1940 until he retired in 1975.
He was a member of Northwest Baptist Church, Leavenworth.
Mr. Fevurl was married to Edna Whitman Fevurly for more than 50 years. She died Dec. 20, 1983. He later married Nor E. Rice Trezise Fevurly, and she died Sept. 5, 2004.
Survivors include two daughters, Lavara Jones, Kansas City, Mo., and Doris Vance, Leavenworth; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Northwest Baptist Church, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament