Sean Patrick Ryan
Celebration of Life for Sean Patrick Ryan, 20, Lansing, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 13, at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, Lansing. Burial will follow in the Mount Calvary Cemetery.
Mr. Ryan died Saturday, April 8, 2006, from injuries sustained in an automobile accident.
He was born April 18, 1985, in Yoksuka Naval Hospital, Japan, the son of Thomas P. Ryan and Debra Joyce Balensuela Ryan.
Mr. Ryan was currently a student at Johnson County Community College, he worked was a sous chef at Dean and Deluca's and also worked for American Eagle clothing store.
He was an eclectic lover of film, literature and music.
Survivors include his parents, Tom and Debbie Ryan, Lansing; a sister, Jennifer (Ryan) Hill; maternal grandparents, Elias and Frances Balensuela; and his paternal grandfather, Thomas P. Ryan.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 12, at the Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to the Sean Ryan Film Scholarship at the University of Kansas, or to the William E. and Mary E. Fingland Nursing Scholarship at the University of Missouri, Columbia. Memorials can be sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education