Gardening classes to be offered
Gardening tips will be offered in two programs at Kansas City Kansas Community College's Leavenworth Center the final two Wednesdays in April.
Both programs are offered in conjunction with the Leavenworth County Master Gardener program and half of each $10 enrollment fee will be donated to the Master Gardener program.
On Wednesday, April 19, the focus will be on Prairie Star Annuals, a select group of flowers grown and rated by the Kansas State University horticulture department as the star performers for the climate and soils of Kansas. As part of the 6:30 p.m. program at the Leavenworth Center at 225 Cherokee in downtown Leavenworth, participants will receive a current Prairie Star collection list.
Container Gardening will be the focus of the April 26 program, which will also begin at 6:30 p.m. at KCKCC's Leavenworth center. Basics of container gardening with tips on container selection, selection of plants and care of container gardens will be offered, along with a demonstration of a container garden.
Advanced registration for the classes can be made at the Leavenworth Center or by phone, (913) 651-2111 in Leavenworth County. Credit card payment of the $10 class fee is required with phone registration.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties