Superintendent on administrative leave through end of June
Basehor-Linwood school board members Monday night voted to give Superintendent Jill Hackett notice that they will terminate her employment with the district, effective at the end of June.
Hackett remains on administrative leave, through June.
The vote was 6-1, with board member Danny Dearinger opposed. Before the end of the meeting, Dearinger resigned from the school board.
The board also voted 6-1 Monday night -- again with Dearinger opposed -- to accept the resignation of assistant superintendent Bill Hatfield. Hatfield is leaving for another job in the Turner school district in Kansas City, Kan.
For more on this story, see the April 20 edition of the Basehor Sentinel.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Defense shines as BLHS girls win at Tonganoxie
- BLHS tops Bonner Springs in softball regionals