Kathleen “Kay” P. Toy
Services for Kathleen "Kay" P. Toy, 87, Leavenworth, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 20, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Weston, Mo.
Mrs. Toy died April 16, 2006, at her home.
She was born March 2, 1919, in Dublin, Ireland, the daughter of Jerome B. and Kathleen P. (Kennedy) Sowder.
Mrs. Toy worked at an ammunition plant in Kansas City, Kan., during World War II and also had worked at Wadsworth Hospital in dietetics and as a beautician. She was a member of the Christian Assembly Church in Weston, Mo., the Eagles and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary.
She married Faris Toy on Jan. 7, 1939, in Plattesburg, Mo. He died July 10, 2002.
Survivors include two sons, Peter J. Toy and Mark A. Toy, both of Leavenworth; a grandson, Nicholas J. Toy, Leavenworth; and sisters-in-law Eleanor Sowder, Leavenworth, and Jessee Jones, Florida.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 19, at the funeral home. The family suggests memorials to Christian Assembly Church or the donor's choice, all in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'