James D. Barnett
Leavenworth Services for James D. Barnett, 73, of Leavenworth, will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 20, at the R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will be at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Barnett died Sunday, April 16, 2006, at his home.
He was born Nov. 13, 1932, in Danville, Ark., the son of Dogan and Callie Mae (Owens) Barnett.
Mr. Barnett was a light-aircraft pilot and enjoyed flying. He was a member of the Civil Air Patrol for a short time. He worked for Kaaz Construction and later became the director of training for the greater Kansas City Laborers' Union.
On July 21, 1951, he married Eleanor (Ruth) Herring in Leavenworth. She survives at the home.
Other survivors include a daughter, Sherry Poundstone, Reno, Nev., and two sons, Scott, Winchester, and Steven, Los Angeles; two sisters, Lou Frost, and Patsy Abbott; two brothers, David and Ronald; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren;.
Two sons, Stuart and Shawn, died earlier.
Visitation will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 19, at the funeral home.
The family suggests memorials to Kansas City Hospice, sent in care of the funeral home, 4701 Tenth Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood crushes Tonganoxie
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers