Bill N. Moore
Mass of Christian Burial for Bill N. Moore, 75, Lansing, was Monday, April 17, at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church. Burial was in Neodesha Cemetery.
Mr. Moore died Tuesday, April 11, 2006, at Eisenhower Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Leavenworth.
He was born Jan. 19, 1931, in Neodesha, the son of Billy Newton and Hazel Elizabeth (Surmon) Moore.
Mr. Moore was a warehouseman at Fort Leavenworth and was retired. He served in the U.S. Navy from Dec. 4, 1950, to Nov. 3, 1954.
He was a member of the St. Francis de Sales Church in Lansing, where he sang in the choir and was a member of the church's Legion of Mary. He also helped clean the church part time and played in the Seniors Kitchen Band.
On Feb. 22, 1957, he married Mary Louise Pogue. She died March 19, 1999.
Survivors include four sons, Timothy N., Chanute, Billy D., Larry D. and Michael L., all of Lansing; his mother, Hazel E. Moore; a brother, Jim, Cedar Hill, Texas; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
The family suggests memorial to St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
Online condolences can be made at davisfuneralchapelinc.com.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements