Deputies searching for man who fired shots in Linwood last Saturday
Leavenworth County sheriff's deputies are investigating an incident in which a 30-year-old Edwardsville man allegedly fired several gunshots at a Linwood bar last weekend.
The suspect was not arrested and charges have not been filed, sheriff's office spokesman Leonard Ayers said.
A bartender and two patrons at Jake's Place in Linwood reported the shooting Saturday.
They told deputies that the Edwardsville man and several other patrons were arguing outside the bar. The suspect, after earlier leaving the bar, returned and fired several shots from his vehicle outside.
According to the incident report, deputies do not know if the suspect -- who is sought on suspicion of aggravated assault and criminal discharge of a firearm -- fired his weapon at a specific person.
No injuries were reported.
One of the gunshots, officers reported, struck the bar, penetrated a wall and was lodged into the back wall of the business.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man in serious condition at area hospital after accidentally shooting himself while firing handgun in backyard
- Shooting investigation continues
- Stray bullets strike Basehor homes
- Police identify men discovered dead of gunshot wounds Monday in Edwardsville
- Area man arrested after shotgun fired