Retrial scheduled to begin Monday
A second trial for the suspect charged with the robbery of a Lansing gasoline station and the rape of a clerk there in December 2004 now is scheduled for next week.
The 26-year-old suspect, from Kansas City, Kan., is charged with robbing Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road, and raping the on-duty clerk.
The case originally went to trial in October 2005 in Leavenworth County District Court, but the case ended when a mistrial was declared.
Several factors have delayed the retrial, which is now scheduled for Monday, April 24, in Leavenworth County District Court.
More like this story
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues