JV softball sweeps Perry
Anchored by another solid 1-2 punch on the mound, the Lansing High junior varsity softball team swept Perry-Lecompton on Thursday.
Freshman McKenna Hall tossed a three-hitter in the opener as LHS won 5-3. Freshman Heather Kermashek followed that with a two-hit performance in the nightcap for an 11-5 victory.
The sweep moved Lansing's record to 5-5 this season
In game one, Hall dazzled for a full seven innings. In addition to allowing the lone hit, she struck out seven while walking just one. She also had enough support from the bats. Keasla Hundley went 2-for-2 at the plate with a pair of doubles. Lori Flippo, Natalie Loreti, Alyssa Donnelson and Brittani Felix also had base hits in the victory.
In game two, Kermashek went four innings and allowed only two hits. She walked eight batters, though, and Hall eventually came on in relief in the fifth inning and retired all three batters she faced. Danielle Glynn and Cynthia Veney had two hits apiece in the victory. DeeDee Clifford, Hundley, Flippo and Katie Smith also had hits and scored runs in the victory. Flippo had two RBI.
The JV Lions next play at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday against the Basehor-Linwood Bobcats at Field of Dreams.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- True aim: Bonner Springs couple founds archery club
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center