Basehor City Council, mayor plot strategy for the future
The city's future was discussed Saturday during a Basehor City Council retreat.
Council members and Mayor Chris Garcia met from 8 a.m. to noon at city hall to discuss a variety of topics.
Garcia called the meeting a success.
"The retreat went very well," he said. "We sat down and made a priority list for Carl Slaugh, city administrator, for the coming year. We also talked about information we would like to see from the rest of the staff."
The budget process, which will start in May, also was discussed.
Garcia added that John Flower was interviewed to fill an opening on the Basehor Planning Commission.
His appointment will be considered at the Monday, May 1, city council meeting.
More like this story
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow