LHS baseball set to play Bishop Ward
Kaw Valley League baseball is heating up, and Lansing High is right in the thick of things.
LHS (8-4 overall, 3-1 KVL) will try to maintain its position near the top of the league standings when it plays perennial power Bishop Ward at 4 p.m. today at Ward. The Cyclones (8-4, 4-1) are ranked No. 9 in Class 4A.
Lansing enters the contest hot off a sweep of Perry on Thursday. LHS won both games in extra innings. The Lions took game one by an 11-9 score with senior Cody Mohan earning the victory for his relief effort on the mound. The Lions won game two 9-3 and Matt McMillin earned the victory.
Lansing was supposed to play Basehor-Linwood on Monday. That series was rained out. It now will be played at 4 p.m. May 8 at LHS.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Body of missing Bonner Springs man found in Leavenworth County
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers