Archie E. Yelenick Jr.
Leavenworth Graveside services for Archie E. Yelenick Jr., 77, Leavenworth, will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Yelenick died Saturday, July 29, 2006.
He was born Aug. 27, 1928, in Becco, W.Va., the son of Mr. Yelenick E. and Helen Nagy Yelenick.
He retired from the U.S. Army, where he served in the Korean and Vietnam wars.
He was a member of Masonic Lodge 49, Scottish Rite, Abdallah Shrine, Oddfellows and Rebekas, Eastern Star Byington Chapter, White Shrine and was a lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 56 and M.O.C.
In 1967, he married Darline Slavens. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Nancey Parsons and Paulette Abbott; a son, Joseph Slavens; 10 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
A son, Norman Slavens, died earlier.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 2, at Davis Funeral Chapel, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m. The family suggests memorials to the Shriner's Children's Hospital or the American Heart Association, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes