Archie E. Yelenick Jr.
Graveside services for Archie E. Yelenick Jr., 77, Leavenworth, will be at 2:30 p.m. today, Thursday, Aug. 3, at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mr. Yelenick died Saturday, July 29, 2006.
He was born Aug. 27, 1928, in Becco, W.Va., the son of Mr. Yelenick E. and Helen Nagy Yelenick.
He retired from the U.S. Army, where he served in the Korean and Vietnam wars.
He was a member of Masonic Lodge 49, Scottish Rite, Abdallah Shrine, Oddfellows and Rebekas, Eastern Star Byington Chapter, White Shrine and was a lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 56 and M.O.C.
In 1967, he married Darline Slavens. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Nancey Parsons and Paulette Abbott; a son, Joseph Slavens; 10 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
A son, Norman Slavens, died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to the Shriner's Children's Hospital or the American Heart Association, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee, Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals