Garrison to change commanders
Col. John W. Towers will relinquish command of the Fort Leavenworth Garrison to Col. Timothy A. Weathersbee during a public ceremony at 8 a.m. Aug. 9 on the Main Parade.
Towers, who assumed command of the garrison in April 2003, leaves Fort Leavenworth for an assignment as secretary to the Military Armistice Commission, U.N. Command, Republic of Korea.
Weathersbee attended the Army War College at Carlisle, Pa., prior to coming to Fort Leavenworth. His previous assignments at Fort Leavenworth include attending the Combined Arms and Services Staff School and the Command and General Staff College, commanding the 705th Military Police Battalion, and staff duties at the Combined Arms Doctrine Directorate.
In case of inclement weather the ceremony will be held in the Eisenhower Auditorium of Bell Hall.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits