Utility crew cuts natural gas line
A utility crew cut through a natural gas line this week near Kansas Avenue and Main Street.
Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 Chief Rick Huhn said a crew with Tony Sheets Construction, working for AT&T, cut through a 2-inch gas line about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1, near the intersection.
No one was injured in the incident, but the escaping gas did emit a strong odor throughout the area, Huhn said.
Kansas Gas Service arrived within minutes to cap the line, he said, and was expected to finish repairs to the line Wednesday, Aug. 2.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises