Utility crew cuts natural gas line
A utility crew cut through a natural gas line this week near Kansas Avenue and Main Street.
Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 Chief Rick Huhn said a crew with Tony Sheets Construction, working for AT&T, cut through a 2-inch gas line about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1, near the intersection.
No one was injured in the incident, but the escaping gas did emit a strong odor throughout the area, Huhn said.
Kansas Gas Service arrived within minutes to cap the line, he said, and was expected to finish repairs to the line Wednesday, Aug. 2.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda