Services for Pearl E. Chaffee, 87, of Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial will follow in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Chaffee died Monday, Aug. 7, 2006, at Homestead of Leavenworth.
She was born Nov. 23, 1918, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Claude D. and Mary A, (Finneran) Frey.
Mrs. Chaffee was raised in Leavenworth and graduated in 1937 from Leavenworth High School. She worked as an office manager at the V.A. Credit Union for more than 15 years, and she helped her husband with their grocery store and laundry mat. She was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary and AARP, and she was active with her family's activities
She married Willard "Pete" L. Chaffee on Sept. 23, 1938, in Olathe. He died Feb. 28, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Gerald "Jerry" W. Chaffee, Lansing.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8, at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to the Leavenworth Animal Welfare Society (LAWS), sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures