Hospital official in line as associate
Greg Madsen, chief administrative officer of Saint John Hospital, Leavenworth, has been invited to be an associate of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth.
Associates are primarily lay people who share and demonstrate the values and philosophy of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth community through their own lives or in support of the works and ministries of the sisters.
Sister Jennifer Gordon, manager of Saint Vincent Clinic, Leavenworth, invited Madsen to consider becoming an associate. Sister Jennifer will be Madsen's "sponsor" for the next year as he learns more about the heritage of the sisters and what it means to be an associate.
Madsen has been in his current position with Saint John in Leavenworth since 2002. He joined the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System in 1998 and served first as vice president, administration of the former Bethany Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., and then as regional vice president of support services/outpatient campus administrator.
He previously worked for Tenet Healthcare Corporation in business development.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal