Arts center plans open house
Carnegie Arts Center, 601 S. Fifth, Leavenworth, will play host to an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 20.
Staff and instructors will be available to answer questions and give tours of the historical former Leavenworth Library building that now houses the center.
Trent Freeman, the center's pottery instructor, will be demonstrating techniques in the pottery studio. Water-
colorist, Pat Ann Black will be giving demonstrations in watercolor techniques. Greg Owsley - "The Juggler"- will provide entertainment.
The Carnegie offers private music and voice lessons, in addition to many classes in fine arts, drama and dance.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Local track and field athletes shine at KU Relays
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Remember When for March 19, 2015
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'