Motorcyclist struck by Mercedes mirror
A Lansing motorcycle rider had a close encounter with a Mercedes west of the city this past weekend, the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office reported.
About 4:45 p.m. Saturday, Guy S. Bester, 23, Lansing, was on his motorcycle and nearing a bend at 127th Street on Kansas Highway 5, a sheriff's report said. As he came closer, a newer Mercedes came around the bend and entered Bester's lane. The mirror on the driver's side of the Mercedes struck Bester's shoulder.
To avoid hitting the vehicle, Bester had to stand his motorcycle up, which caused him to drive into the west ditch, reports said.
In addition to cosmetic damage to his motorcycle, Bester's shift pedal was broken off.
The driver of the Mercedes was not found.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues