Board awards contract for new school, auditorium
The Lansing school district has moved another step closer to building a new elementary school and high school auditorium.
In a special meeting Tuesday, the Lansing School Board voted 5-0 to award the construction contract for the projects to McPherson Contractors. Board members Robert Nicholas and Craig Gephart were absent.
Voters approved $23.6 million in bonds for the projects in April 2005. Bond supporters and board members originally expected the projects to be finished by August 2007.
Bill Sims, vice president of McPherson Contractors, told the board his company was eager to begin the project as soon as possible with completion anticipated by December 2007 or January 2008.
For more on the awarding of the contract, see Thursday's Current.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora