Hospice seeks volunteers
AseraCare Hospice is seeking people in Leavenworth County who are interested in spending a few hours a week with patients and families facing a life-limiting illness in their home or nursing home.
AseraCare has patients in the area who need companionship and support, as well as caregivers who need respite assistance.
No experience necessary, and free training is provided. Volunteer hours are flexible. Training includes information on spiritual care, communication techniques, family dynamics and death and dying.
All patient care volunteers will be required to pass a drug screen, background check and tuberculosis test to ensure the safety of AseraCare patients and families.
Training times are available on weekdays, weekends or evenings.
Please call Nancy Petersen, volunteer coordinator at (816) 880-3900 for more information.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Annual Basehor Easter Egg Hunt announced
- Remember When for April 23, 2015