Library designates reading month
September is Family Reading Month at Lansing Community Library.
The library staff is challenging families to set aside a time for the entire family to stop everything and read together during the month of September.
Registration begins Tuesday, Aug. 29.
To register, complete the registration form, (one per family), pick up a reading log from the library and get started reading with your family.
Completed reading logs should be returned to the library by Oct. 7. At 6 p.m. Oct. 17, prizes will be awarded to the top reading families.
More like this story
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers