Children’s center gains accreditation
The Women's Community Y Child Development Center has earned accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, a national organization of early childhood professionals.
"We're proud to be accredited by NAEYC and recognized for our commitment to reaching the highest professional standards," said Pat Barnhardt, executive director of the Women's Community Y.
This is the third time the program has received national accreditation and it is currently the only accredited program in Leavenworth.
"By earning accreditation, the Women's Community Y Child Development Center has become a leader in a national effort to raise the quality of early childhood education and to help give all children a better start," said Mark Ginsberg, executive director of NAEYC.
NAEYC created its accreditation program in 1985 to set professional standards for early childhood education and to help families identify high-quality child care.
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt