Gwendolyn Sue Dorman
Services for Gwendolyn Sue Dorman, 43, Leavenworth, were Saturday, Aug. 26, at First Baptist Church of Leavenworth. Burial was in Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mrs. Dorman died Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2006, at her home after an extended illness.
She was born Oct. 9, 1962, in Leavenworth, the daughter of Edward and Wilta (Ramey) Geiler.
Mrs. Dorman was raised in the Leavenworth area and graduated from Bible Baptist School in Bonner Springs.
In 1984, she graduated from Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Mo., and from the Kansas City Community College in 2001.
She was employed at various places in the area, including the University of Kansas, where she worked for six years.
Her love was music and she shared her talents at her church, First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, as well as numerous places playing piano and singing.
Survivors include her husband, Dan Dorman; grandfather, Jim Ramey; and a brother, Jim Geiler.
A visitation was held on Friday, Aug. 25, 2006.
The family suggests memorials to the American Cancer Society, sent in care of Davis Funeral Chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
Online condolences can be made at www.davisfuneralchapelinc.com.
More like this story
- Dairy Days announces parking changes due to rain
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal