Master Gardener class to form
The next Master Gardener class is forming at the K-State Leavenworth County Extension Office.
The class starts Tuesday, Sept. 12, and runs through Nov. 14. Classes meet one day a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for nine weeks.
Trainees receive 40 hours of basic training on subjects such as lawn maintenance, plant diseases, trees and shrubs, soils, weeds, annuals and perennials, and vegetables and fruit.
Kansas State University horticulturists, extension agents and local experts in specific subject matter conduct the classes. Cost of the training is $125 with $50 refunded after completing all training and volunteer hours.
For more information, contact the Extension Office at (913) 250-2300.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education