Pumpkin cookies take first in contest
Marie Hoffpauer's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were named best in the Lansing Lions Christmas Cookie Contest.
Results were announced Sunday at the Mayor's Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.
Also placing were Patricia Reiner, second, peppermint pinwheels; Tyler Lilly, third, Oreo cookies; and Tristan Lilly, fourth, ginger snaps.
Here's Hoffpauer's winning recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Oats Uncooked
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Canned, Solid Pumpkin
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Flour, Oats, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt. Set aside.
Cream Butter. Gradually add both sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Add pumpkin and dry ingredients. Add Chocolate chips and drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bottom of cookie is golden brown.
More like this story
- Food: Sugar and spice — 12 days of holiday cookies get pizazz from pantry ingredients
- 'White chocolate' a lasting figure for some
- Banana cake similar to banana bread in use of overripe fruit
- Food: Milk chocolate, maple and bacon combine for a decadent Father’s Day treat
- Food: Pear crisp takes on fall spice