Richard D. Layton
Leavenworth Mass of Christian Burial for Richard D. Layton, 54, Leavenworth, will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13, at St. Casimir Catholic Church, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Layton died suddenly, Saturday, Dec. 9, 2006, from an apparent heart attack while driving home from work near Basehor.
He was born Jan. 3, 1952, in Leavenworth, the son of Richard D. and Helen M. (Shalkoski) Layton Sr.
Mr. Layton was self employed at the time of his death. He had previously owned and operated Layton Amoco Service and Roosters Restaurant and Bar, and he had been a car salesman for many years.
Survivors include his mother, Helen Layton, Leavenworth; six sisters, Shirley Lattimer, Wright City, Mo., Carol Knight, Pat Layton and Janice Layton, all of Leavenworth, Darlene Marcum, Bonner Springs, and Deanne Layton Kansas City, Kan.; and a special niece, Carolyn Paige Rude.
Mr. Layton loved fishing, going to the Chiefs games and cooking for his friends and family.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12at the R.L. Leintz Funeral Home.
The family suggests memorials to Immaculata High School or St. Casimir Church, sent in care of the funeral home, 4701 10th Ave., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row