According to Police Chief Terry Horner, Basehor police officers responded to several calls Saturday, Dec. 9, including:
- An apparent arson, called in at 8:25 a.m. at 15732 Christie St. Police Chief Terry Horner said a home, which is under construction, received about $5,000 in damage to a garage door and the interior. Officers contacted the Kansas Fire Marshal's office, as well as the Leavenworth County sheriff's office, to assist the investigation.
- At 11:41 a.m., a bicyclist was hit by a car at 155th Street and State Avenue. The bicyclist, Danny Filbert, 20, was struck by Loraine Knipp who was driving a 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo. Filbert was transported to Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., for leg injuries.
- The Basehor police department assisted the county with an emergency at 158th Street and State Avenue at 6:40 p.m. Horner said it appeared a 56-year-old man driving a restaurant delivery truck had a heart attack. The driver was unconscious and was not breathing. Two registered nurses pulled over and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the man. He was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Township firefighters add EMS equipment
- Linwood teens injured in K-32 car accident
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident