Art show winners announced
Leavenworth Winners have been announced in this year's Leavenworth County Artists Association Holiday Art Gala.
Best of Show went to Tony Butler; first place to Wyatt Segrist; second place to Lynette Hayes; and third place to Matt Nowak. The Goodjohn Award went to Betty Wilson Clay and Peoples Choice to Inge Cochran.
Honorable mentions were given to David Melby, Teresa Harrison Starkey, Anita Stoval, Angela Lexow and Steve Cox.
The show began Dec. 1 with a gala opening at the Heritage Center, 109 Delaware St., Leavenworth. It ends a two-week run at noon today, Dec. 14.
More than 140 pieces from artists across the county were entered in this year's show. The jump in entries - fewer than 50 were entered just two years ago - forced organizers to move the show from its old home at the Carnegie Arts Center to the Heritage Center.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Organization Orientation: Basehor Historical Museum Society
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Searching for signs of Spring to end winter blues