Owner reports pet beagle shot
The Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office is investigating a report of a pet dog shot to death last week.
According to reports, about 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, in the 35200 block of Chmidling Road, Leavenworth, a woman let her dog out into the yard while she went to a store. The woman said she returned about an hour and a half later and found her 4-year-old beagle dead in front of her house.
The dog had been shot once in the head with a .30-caliber bullet, reports said.
The woman had not been threatened and had no problems in the neighborhood.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club