Aull quiet on Miss USA controversy
Ashley Aull knows Miss USA Tara Conner; they competed in the same 2006 pageant.
But Aull, Miss Kansas USA for 2006, isn't offering any opinion about Conner's recent troubles.
Earlier this week, Donald Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organization with NBC, decided against stripping Conner of her title after media reports swirled about her alleged indiscretions.
Among the rumors: Conner had been seen frequenting bars in New York, even though she didn't turn 21 until Monday.
"I don't think I'm really in a position where I can comment about her," Aull said. "I'm not there. I don't know what's going on. All I know is what I see in the media, and I'm not sure it's all true.
"I do know this: I wish her the best of luck in whatever happens," Aull said.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood's Trowbridge wins national title
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program