Aull quiet on Miss USA controversy
Ashley Aull knows Miss USA Tara Conner; they competed in the same 2006 pageant.
But Aull, Miss Kansas USA for 2006, isn't offering any opinion about Conner's recent troubles.
Earlier this week, Donald Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organization with NBC, decided against stripping Conner of her title after media reports swirled about her alleged indiscretions.
Among the rumors: Conner had been seen frequenting bars in New York, even though she didn't turn 21 until Monday.
"I don't think I'm really in a position where I can comment about her," Aull said. "I'm not there. I don't know what's going on. All I know is what I see in the media, and I'm not sure it's all true.
"I do know this: I wish her the best of luck in whatever happens," Aull said.
More like this story
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Perky's Cafe joins downtown Bonner eateries
- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher