Council plans craft day, trip
The Council on Aging is sponsoring two upcoming special events for area seniors.
On Jan. 5, the council, 109-A Delaware St., Leavenworth, have lunch and craft day from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Organizers say there will be no formal instruction but lots of crafts to create and take home. A lunch of soup and salad will be served. The cost is $5. The deadline to register is Jan. 2.
On Jan. 11, the council is sponsoring a trip to the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Mo., for a tour and special viewing of Caroline Kennedy's doll collection, which is on loan to the library. Participants will leave at 8:15 a.m. and return about 2 p.m. The cost is $11.25, which includes the museum fee and transportation. Participants will eat in Independence at the Palomino restaurant. The deadline to register and pay is Jan. 4.
To register for either of the events, contact Patty Willmeth at the council at (913) 684-0777.
More like this story
- Basehor resident organizes ride for veterans' charities
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Tractor Daze event expected to be bigger, better
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom