County represented in pageants
Several young women from the area participated in the Miss Kansas USA and Miss Kansas Teen USA pageants this past weekend.
Amber DeGraeve, 18, Tonganoxie, received honorable mention, which is the highest finishing non-semifinalist in the Miss Kansas USA. And two young women - Ashley Hornstein, 18, Lansing, and Sarah Jump, 24, Basehor - were named semifinalists. Alice Howey, 20, Leavenworth, also was among the 41 contestants in the Miss Kansas USA pageant, while Kelsi Lynn Bean, 18, Linwood, was among the 33 contestants in the Miss Kansas Teen USA pageant.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Basehor-Linwood wrestlers take third in KVL
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books