Guard museum seeks to expand
The Museum of the Kansas National Guard in Topeka recently kicked off an expansion campaign.
The expansion will add another 2,000 square feet including areas for historical displays and an area to host educational events.
"The museum expansion will improve our ability to capture and tell our story," said Roger Wilson, museum president and a retired command chief master sergeant.
The Museum of the Kansas National Guard is at the entrance of Forbes Field in Topeka and is open to the public Tuesdays through Saturdays, free of charge.
For additional information concerning donations or questions contact Wilson at (785) 862-1020.
More like this story
- USD 458 receives good bond news
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Basehor-Linwood USD 458 board sets special meeting
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education