Board seeks bid proposals
The 1st Judicial District Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board is accepting proposals for juvenile delinquency prevention programs to serve Leavenworth and Atchison counties in 2008.
A news release said agencies or individuals can apply for funding with the 1st Judicial District Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Project. Funds are made available to the district through the Kansas Juvenile Justice Authority and are governed locally by the Leavenworth County Commission.
Eligible programs must serve Atchison or Leavenworth County youths and families, be willing and able to participate in program evaluation methods and apply by the Jan. 15 deadline.
Proposed services must be research-based and proven to prevent juveniles from delinquent or criminal behaviors and provide youths with positive social opportunities and activities.
For more information and an application, contact Anne deShazo at the district's Juvenile Justice Authority's Prevention Services office, 300 Walnut St., Leavenworth 66048. Reach deShazo by phone at (913) 980-3013 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Basehor chamber brings circus to town Sept. 3
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly