Kenneth and Eleanor Chinn will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday, Dec. 31.
They were married Dec. 31, 1956, in Platte County, Mo.
Five children were born of the union: June Walker, Leavenworth; Kenneth Chinn Jr., Tonganoxie; Deborah Benson, Tonganoxie; Douglas Chinn, Palm Desert, Calif.; and Laurel Price (deceased).
Kenneth and Eleanor have 11 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary as they have 33 of the past 35 years, at the New Year's Eve Watch Night Service at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Lansing, beginning at 8 p.m.
All family, friends and well-wishers are invited to join them.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Basehor, Bonner districts agree: Block grant funding unfair