Kenneth and Eleanor Chinn will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday, Dec. 31.
They were married Dec. 31, 1956, in Platte County, Mo.
Five children were born of the union: June Walker, Leavenworth; Kenneth Chinn Jr., Tonganoxie; Deborah Benson, Tonganoxie; Douglas Chinn, Palm Desert, Calif.; and Laurel Price (deceased).
Kenneth and Eleanor have 11 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
The couple will celebrate their anniversary as they have 33 of the past 35 years, at the New Year's Eve Watch Night Service at Emmanuel Baptist Church in Lansing, beginning at 8 p.m.
All family, friends and well-wishers are invited to join them.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas