Conservationist to be honored
An open house is scheduled next week for Gary Rader, district conservationist with Natural Resource Conservation Service.
Rader, who has worked for NRCS for 34 years, will retire Wednesday, Jan. 3.
The open house will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the USDA Service Center, 2050 Spruce, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others