Services for "Jack" Jackie Z. Johnson, 76, Lansing, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 2, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will be in Fall Creek Cemetery.
Mr. Johnson died Sunday, Jan. 29, 2006, at his home.
He was born Aug. 15, 1929, in Hardin Township, Ill., the son of Fred E. and Lydia J. (Goldman) Johnson.
He retire in 1991 as a warehouseman from Select Products, where he worked for 30 years.
Mr. Johnson was a past member of First Christian Church, Milton, Ill., and a member of CB Club No. 20, where his handle was "Lansing Hound Dog." He especially enjoyed tinkering on cars, steam engines, citizens band radios and motorcycles.
On March 23, 1951, he married Wanda L. Conner in Pittsfield, Ill. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Russell D., Leavenworth; two daughters, Sharon K. Hubbard and B. Janie Gates, both of Lansing; eight grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and his lifelong friend, Gerald Tompkins, Jefferson, Ore.
A daughter, Sandra Lee Johnson, and a grandson died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to Lansing Community Museum, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Basehor library event shares 'twisted' fairy tale
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night