LMS seeks volunteer tutors
Lansing Middle School hopes to start an after-school tutoring program next week, but it first needs volunteers to provide the tutoring.
Sessions are planned from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays for the rest of the school year. The goal is to start the program on Monday, Feb. 6, program coordinator Don Haussler said.
Haussler said he is looking for high school or college students, retired teachers or "basically anyone in the community who enjoys working with kids and wants to volunteer." Volunteers are not required to work every day but can pick days that work for them, Haussler said.
To volunteer, call the school at 727-1197 or e-mail Haussler, email@example.com.
More like this story
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tough voter citizenship rules pull Kansas into multiple lawsuits
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures