Maxine M. Zwickel
Services for Maxine M. Zwickel, 87, Lansing, formerly of Leavenworth, will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at First Presbyterian Church of Leavenworth. Inurnment will be at a later date at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Zwickel died Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2006, at Cushing Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born Jan. 6, 1919, in Narka, the daughter of Leigh and Ada (Joy) Feil.
Mrs. Zwickel attended nursing school in Lincoln, Neb., and worked as a registered nurse before the birth of her children.
She married Norman Zwickel on March 14, 1943, in Cleveland. He died in August 2003.
Survivors include three sons, Don, Leavenworth, Bob, St. Augustine, Fla., and David, Overland Park; and six grandchildren.
A granddaughter preceded her in death.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, at Beldwn-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to American Red Cross or First Presbyterian Church of Leavenworth, sent in care of the funeral home, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses