Winter Royalty weekend kicks off at LHS
It doesn't feel like winter outside; nonetheless, it's time for Winter Royalty at Lansing High School.
To kick off the events, Lansing's Band Boosters will serve a spaghetti dinner for donations from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, in the LHS commons.
One of the main events of Winter Royalty is choosing the court. Students voted for their class representatives last week, a boy and girl from each class, freshman through junior, and three senior candidates each for king and queen.
Coronation of the king and queen will be Friday at halftime of the boys basketball game in the LHS gym.
The Winter Royalty dance will be from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at LHS. The theme is the 1980s.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night