Winter Royalty weekend kicks off at LHS
It doesn't feel like winter outside; nonetheless, it's time for Winter Royalty at Lansing High School.
To kick off the events, Lansing's Band Boosters will serve a spaghetti dinner for donations from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, in the LHS commons.
One of the main events of Winter Royalty is choosing the court. Students voted for their class representatives last week, a boy and girl from each class, freshman through junior, and three senior candidates each for king and queen.
Coronation of the king and queen will be Friday at halftime of the boys basketball game in the LHS gym.
The Winter Royalty dance will be from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at LHS. The theme is the 1980s.
More like this story
- Registration open for 37th annual Tiblow Trot
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms