Helen Marguerite McCarthy
Services for Helen Marguerite McCarthy, 93, Lansing, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 9, at Lansing United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. McCarthy died Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006, at Twin Oaks Retirement Community, where she was a resident.
She was a lifelong Lansing resident, a graduate of Lansing High School and a member of Lansing United Methodist Church and Lansing Historical Society.
Mrs. McCarthy was Lansing city treasurer in the 1960s, shortly after the city was incorporated. From 1963 to 1965, she worked as a bookkeeper for Long Bell Lumber, Lansing. From 1965 to 1966, she was Lansing city clerk. From 1966 to 1976, she was a bookkeeper for Lansing Lumber.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Thomas J. McCarthy, and her son, Thomas McCarthy Jr.
Survivors include a daughter, Marguerite Hilscher; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorials to Lansing United Methodist Church or Lansing Historical Society, sent in care of the funeral home, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Salina company acquires 13 vintage record presses