Valerie E. Harris
A memorial service for Valerie E. Harris, 61, Leavenworth, was Tuesday, Feb. 7, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Harris died Friday, Feb. 3, 2006, at Saint John's Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born Oct. 29, 1944, in Chicago, the daughter of Edwin of Eve (Glazebrook) Kurk.
Her first husband, Clyde E. Harris II, died earlier.
Survivors include her companion of 21 years John Lohman; two sons, Kirk Harris, Laurel, Md., and Kyle Harris, Las Vegas; and a sister, Diane Van Nostrand, Catoosa, Okla.
The family suggests memorials to University of Saint Mary, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Basehor-Linwood boys clinch spot at state