Valerie E. Harris
A memorial service for Valerie E. Harris, 61, Leavenworth, was Tuesday, Feb. 7, at Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Harris died Friday, Feb. 3, 2006, at Saint John's Hospital, Leavenworth.
She was born Oct. 29, 1944, in Chicago, the daughter of Edwin of Eve (Glazebrook) Kurk.
Her first husband, Clyde E. Harris II, died earlier.
Survivors include her companion of 21 years John Lohman; two sons, Kirk Harris, Laurel, Md., and Kyle Harris, Las Vegas; and a sister, Diane Van Nostrand, Catoosa, Okla.
The family suggests memorials to University of Saint Mary, sent in care of the funeral home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law