Dance team earns honors
The Lansing High School Lionettes dance team will want to repeat its recent success at its next competition, a festival Feb. 18 in Baldwin City.
The team took home three trophies last month at the Miss Kansas Drill Festival.
The Lionettes, competing Jan. 14 at Olathe South High School, earned the showmanship award for its pom routine, a participation award and the Shining Star of Excellence award for its overall performance, team sponsor Rhonda Lang said.
Prizes were based solely on the dancers' performance - the team did not compete against other schools, which included those in classes 4A, 5A and 6A, Lang said.
More like this story
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism